Thursday, May 10, 2007

OREGON!!!

Oregon - Magnificient - Beautiful - Wonderful
The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork

Check out my Oregon photo album


I lived in Eugene during the late 70s and early 80s.

My favorite place on planet Earth has to be Sisters. About an hour and a half drive up the
McKenzie overpass (that drive is breath-taking) from Eugene. The Sisters are 3 mountains near the little community of Sisters as you are on the way to Bend. The photo above was taken from the highway that goes from Redmond to Sisters.
As you drive up the McKenzie you pass white water rapids and waterfalls. Be sure to stop at Sahallie Falls (photo below)... an unforgettable experience.
The pictures here were taken on my most recent trip in the spring of 2006.

My cousin who lives in Boise, Idaho (just across the state line from Oregon) bought a heavy duty diesel pickup to pull his racing airplane. (He does air races in the west). He found the truck he wanted at a dealer in Augusta, Georgia - not far from my home, and asked if I would drive it out - he'd foot the bill. Of course I jumped at the opportunity, delivered his truck and spent a week crusing around in Oregon before flying home.


I'm convinced that it would take several life-times to drink in all the wonders of Oregon.

Pardon me for gushing, but it's how I feel about the place. Several times when entering the state after being gone for a while, I have actually stopped after crossing the state line and kissed the ground. This last trip I crossed over the rough and rowdy white-water of the Snake (River)... had to pass up on that tradition this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - great to hear from you: